Madeley forms the eastern gateway to the Ironbridge Gorge World Heritage Site. It is a market town with a strong heritage in the coal and iron industries.
By the 1850s, it had grown from a small agricultural village that was part of Wenlock Priory, into an important market town.
- Madeley Centre
- Two food stores and traditional shops along the high street.
- Madeley Market
- Every Tuesday and Saturday in Russell Square dating back to 1269
- Food & Drink
- Restaurants, takeaways, traditional pubs, award winning home brew house
- Town Trail starting at Jubilee House on the High Street Caravan Park, Hotel & Guest Houses
- Caravan Park, Hotel & Guest Houses
- Public Pathways
- 23 kilometres to Ironbridge or Telford Town Park
Madeley Visitor Information Centre
The friendly library staff will provide information, leaflets and maps of the local area as well as details of the self guided town trail.
Madeley Library, Jubilee House, High Street, TF7 5BB
Download Press Release - Nine Men of Madeley
Upcoming Events Nearby
Friday, 31 October 2014 until Friday, 31 October 2014
12:00 AM until 12:00 AM